Wash all veggies before use.
a lot! 8+ servings if I had to guess
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 red onion or onion of your choice, halved
- 1 bell pepper of your choice or 4 mini bell peppers ( I used 4 mini’s – 2 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange)
- 1-6 jalapenos, depending on how spicy you like it (I used 2 very large jalapenos which was equal to 4 normal sized and it was med-hot spicy)
- 6+ garlic cloves (I never like to tell people how much garlic to use. More is better in my opinion)
- handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper or more to taste
- bring a big pot of water to a boil
- add all ingredients (minus cilantro)
- boil for 10 min.
- set ingredients aside for 20min. to cool down
- add all ingredients to a blender
- blend to desired thickness (I pulsed for ~ 2min.)
- add chopped cilantro to your liking
- add salt and pepper and mix
- serve warm with tortilla chips or refrigerate and serve when cool (love it both ways!)
I never thought to boil salsa until my friend brought me some salsa that she boiled and it was delicious! This might be my new favorite way to make and enjoy salsa. You can play with the recipe to your taste. It’s easy and surely your friends and family will enjoy! Some like to remove the tomato peels after boiling but I leave them on. I don’t mind the skins in the salsa.