- 4 large portabello mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce use tamari if needed to be gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- Find a baking dish that will fit mushroom caps. Add all ingredients except mushroom caps and stir to create marinade.
- Add mushrooms and rub sauce onto them. Let sit for 15 minutes, stem side down.
Once 15 minutes is up, rub mushrooms again with sauce before placing dish in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and turn mushrooms over. If there is any sauce left in the pan, spoon it over the mushrooms. Continue baking another 5-15 minutes (exact cooking time will vary based on mushroom size).
- Remove mushrooms and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
An easy peasy, low-calorie recipe that the family will enjoy! If you miss steak, this is a satisfying vegetarian option! The mushrooms will shrink when cooking so you can add more caps to the recipe if you want more servings. Four caps were perfect for my husband and I. Steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes pair great as side dishes.