Vegan Caesar Salad
- 2 heads chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp capers
- 2 tsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 3/4 cup water more or less depending on how thick you want it
- For the chickpea croutons, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Make sure to fully dry the chickpeas with paper towel to achieve desired crispiness. Season with salt + pepper. Bake them for 15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- For the dressing – boil sunflower seeds for 10 minutes until soft, then drain and add to blender. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to high speed blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour as much or as little dressing over the greens as you’d like. Top with chickpea croutons and sprinkle on vegan parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy!
- you can make this recipe vegetarian by using dairy parmesan cheese but I recommend trying the vegan parm.
- I like my dressings a little runny so I added over 1c. of water when blending.
- sub croutons if chickpeas aren’t your thing.
- I added fresh (uncooked) asparagus to give an added crunch and flavor. To my surprise, raw asparagus is quite delicious in a salad!
- store extra dressing in the fridge up to a week. I only cook for two people so there were plenty of leftovers.
Code Green Wellness