Easy peasy lovely taco meat substitute!
- 1 c. walnuts
- 1 c. cooked or canned black beans (I used 1/2 c. dry beans, cooked is just over 1 c.)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 red chili flakes (optional for added spice)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- add walnuts, olive oil, and spices to a food processor
- pulse until coarsely ground
- combine walnuts with cooked black beans
- add more salt and pepper as needed
- serve in tacos or on top a taco salad – add toppings (tomatoes, onion, lettuce, jalapeño, cilantro, salsa, cheese, sour cream, etc.) as desired
I melted vegan cheese in with the taco “meat” and used plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream. This recipe is delicious!